LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Warm Organic Vegetable Salad

I had become slack with getting my organic veggies as the shop around the corner has hours that don't suit me - so I went looking on Google and found a Melbourne based company that delivers organic fruit and veg ( I will blog about them later). I ordered a $70 fruit and veg box to test the waters as I had no idea what I would get for $70 and I found myself very surprised by the volume I received.

I spend Monday night at my parents house and get home Tuesday night - I didn't have any meat to cook so I had a lookie in the crisper and this is what i came up with:

Warm Organic Vegetable Salad


Ingredients:

  • 5 florets Broccoli
  • 5 florets Cauliflower
  • 1/2 cup chopped pumpkin ( jap or butternut)
  • 2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
  • 1 small brown onion thinly sliced ( mine was slightly bigger then a golf ball so I used it all but if it were normal size I would have used 1/4)
  • small handful of raw slithered almonds
  • 25g marinated goats feta
Method:
  • Chop the the pumpkin into cubes and pop on baking paper with a little spray of olive oil and cook in a 180° fan forced oven until browned - half way through cooking add your sliced onion
  • While the pumpkin is cooking blanch the Broccoli and Cauliflower in boiling water ( I do it for about 6mins so it's still crunching but not raw)
  • Once the Broccoli and Cauliflower is cooked drain and pop in the over with the pumpkin and onion
  • I toasted my almonds in a non stick pan over a medium heat until browned
  • Dice your feta up ( I do it into small pieces so I can get it through the whole salad but if you like chucks feel free to have bigger pieces)
  • Now because you are using marinated feta I used 2 teaspoons of the feta oil to dress my spinach leaves so I didn't use any other dressing and the feta is salty so you don't need to add any salt - but if the marinated feta isn't to your liking use any dressing you like.
  • Add your almonds to the spinach leaves along with the feta and toss, once your ingredients in the oven are cooked add to the salad, toss and serve immediately 
You may wonder why I added the broccoli and cauliflower to the over after I blanched it, personally when having a salad like this I like to add the roasted taste to all the veggies , there is something about the taste of veggies cooked in the oven that is super tasty and really satisfying.

I didn't add the calorie count for this dish but I would say it's roughly 250 - 300 calories as whole, I really should work it out!

This dish is 100% organic and it was super tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment