LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, October 24, 2011

Veggie Patch

When we renovated our backyard 4 years ago we made sure we had a place to grow our own produce. To be honest I didn't take a keen interest until this year, and now the children are growing up we are making sure they understand where the foods we eat come from.

I have loved watching Lochie ( Master 4) inspect his strawberry plant as he has watched it grow from a tiny seedling to a plant that is over running one of my planting boxes.


Lochie's Strawberry Plant
We also have Tomatoes ( 4 varieties), rosemary, parsley, coriander, chives and basil. I think we need to expand with more pots to be able to plant more. Oh we also have a lime tree and we plan to get a Lemon tree to sit opposite - I am sucker for symmetry :)

mmmmm tomatoes




Lime Tree

Little Limes that we hope will grow into big Limes :)




Veggie patches/gardens are so easy to start and to keep both Lochie and Zali ( Miss 2) love to help water, and they love to watch as little buds bloom into something that they can eat and I can tell you most of the tomatoes will be eaten straight off the vine before they get to the table :)

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I love that planter box Kelly! And those little limes are so cute. I wish I had a proper backyard - we have a small lemon tree and a few herbs in our courtyard but no space for a true veggie patch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veggie patches are awesome!!! There is so many wonderful foods you can grow yourself so easily!! We planted carrotts, corn, peas, beans, tomatoes, lettuces, capsicums, zuchinni and pumpkins! The kids get so excited when it comes time to "harvest" our little patch!

    ReplyDelete